The storylines of Hope's Truth and Interstellar both center around mankind's search for a new home for Humanity. This page outlines the similarities between the two works of fiction.
1. The premise of both Hope's Truth and Interstellar is the existence of a parallel universe which could sustain human life.
2. The head scientists in Hope's Truth and Interstellar send their daughter on a mission to find a suitable planet for human habitation.
3. There is deception in both Hope's Truth and Interstellar from the leading scientists towards the crews of the ships.
4. The power of Human love plays a big part in both Hope's Truth and Interstellar. This is mentioned heavily in a scene in Interstellar, and also changes the course of the mission in Hope's Truth.
5. Both storylines feature the construction of a much larger space ship, which is designed to follow the earlier missions carried out by smaller exploratory ship(s).
6. The main issue for space travel in Interstellar is solving the mystery of gravity. Hope's Truth uses a gravity cell to achieve space travel.
7. Both Dr Brand's daughter in Interstellar and Dr Viuuv’s daughter in Hope's Truth set the times for hyper sleep.
8. In Hope's Truth, food is produced by nano-technology, which ultimately collapses, resulting in mass starvation. In Interstellar, the world's crops fail, resulting in mass starvation.
9. The building of the space ship Hope is kept secret form the ruling powers. In Interstellar, NASA is thought to be obsolete from the masses.
10. Both films feature a robot/droid which plays a major part in Human survival.
11. The robots in both Hope's Truth and Interstellar have a close relationship with the daughter of Dr Brand and Dr Viuuv. The scene in Interstellar in the shallow ocean and in Hope's Truth on the ice cap are very close with the lead actress.
Copied or coincidence, Hope's Truth
is worthy of a film in its own right.